Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall is in the Air!

I've been meaning to wrap up this post all week and now that I finally have the time- it's snowing. Go figure.

Having grown up in Florida, I remember experiencing about three days of fall each year. Three days of perfect crisp weather.  I loved wearing flip flops 9 months out of the year, but I didn't realize what I was missing out on until I moved to Alaska- true fall weather and snow :D

Fall last longer than three days... It's amazing. The backyard is full of color and it will only get better!

My days are filled with Pumpkin Spice Lattes and crisp weather.  My nights are filled with the fireplace going, the smell of cinnamon scented candles, and apple cider (courtesy of my husband).  :)  The sweaters, scarves, and boots are slowly beginning to make appearances. Soon there will be pumpkin carving! The best part about pumpkin carving- if we have a repeat of last year, you might find pumpkins still on our porch come December 1st.  :)


Termination dust- the sign that colder things are to come (little did I know how soon)


The mountains are absolutely gorgeous 





Last  week, Fairbanks got their first day of snow. I was beginning to count the days until snow hit Anchorage.  I didn't have to count for long! This morning I woke up and thought it was raining at first, but soon realized that it was snowing.  :) Hannah has been watching the snow all morning. 


This year has flown by- October is right around the corner! Hopefully fall will stick around a little while longer.  I'm not quite ready for waking up extra early to scrape snow off my windshield. ;)

What is your favorite thing about fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment