Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sweet Home Alabama (and Florida!)

It's always a good day when you are in the south! Thunderstorms, sweet tea, southern accents, and southern charm- I have definitely missed it!


We had a great time spending Christmas in Alabama!

We got to shoot air rifles on base :D It was a ton of fun! In high school I wasn't the best at archery, but air rifles... better watch your back! ;)


John spent some time with his dad and the Mills family working on his C5 plane.
 
The finished product looks awesome and John can't wait to add it to his collection! 



Then there was our time in Florida!
We kicked it off spending New Years Eve in downtown Pensacola! We had a great night of shopping, people watching, and hanging out with friends and family.
  



We also made a trip out to see the Christmas lights at Bellingrath Gardens. Poor John thought it was something we could drive around and see. Nope! Instead we had a nice romantic walk around the park.      Oh darn ;)


At one point during our walk, a kid starts walking beside us rattling on about how he wanted to go visit the north pole.  He finally asked "Can we go to the North Pole??"  I had to break to it to him that he wasn't with us, so I didn't really know.  The kid had no clue who he was walking beside.  He stopped in his tracks and goes running in the other direction! 


At this point, Hannah had been with my family for over a week.  I think she is having a rough time adjusting. She hates my guts, and I think she is experiencing sensory overload.  Too much going on and too many new animals that want to play with her.  I did cherish the times she let me hold her (even if I was having to hold her down)


 The BSC Championship game had my family yelling at the tv for hours. My loving sister (photo below) stole my phone a couple of times and made me look like an Auburn fan! >.<


 I also got to spend some time with my new cousin :)  She is so stinkin cute!  I tried to teach her how to blow raspberries.  She was starting to get it!  Unfortunately she was a little cranky my last day in Florida.  I think it may have been a poopy diaper.  I'll never know.. she got passed to grandma. Let's face it- grandma's have WAY more experience with this stuff than I ever will!


Our time down in the south flew by in the blink of an eye!  We enjoyed getting to spend time with family and  friends.  If we ever don't see you while we are in town- it's not intentional. There are just so many people to see and unfortunately the trips tend to be short.  Best part is, we are back in the Lower 48 so that means cheaper plane tickets and hopefully not being gone for over a year!

So if we missed you this trip- let's make some plans for May!  






No comments:

Post a Comment