Tuesday, May 6, 2014

California or bust!

Well, it's been a while since I've been able to write. We have been going nonstop!

John and I had an awesome time in Boston! Considering we were only there a couple of days, we accomplished quite a bit!  





We even managed to squeeze in five games of Settlers of Catan.
  Katie came out the winner by the end of the weekend!

After Boston, we headed back to Dover to pick up all of our stuff. Since we had a change in travel plans we ended up driving straight from Dover to Alabama. John and I have awesome timing when it comes to weather.  We ended up driving straight into the ridiculous weather the south was having. I love a good thunderstorm, but the amount of rain people got was ridiculous. Roads were washed out and homes flooded.  My heart goes out to my hometown. The citizens of Pensacola always rally together to help each other out in a time of need, and this is no exception.

John and I enjoyed spending time with family while we were in town. We finally have both pets back, and oh boy... do we have some retraining to do!  Both of them were spoiled rotten the past few months.  Begley was a hoot when he finally got to see Hannah.  He was licking her face and surprisingly... she let him.


Today, we began the first day of our four day trip to California. For the first two hours of our trip, Hannah would not stop meowing!  Lucky for her, the travel meds were out of my reach. Thankfully (for us) she finally calmed down.  

Hannah didn't miss John at all :P





We are traveling with a trailer this time.  I'm trying to do my fair share of driving....It's just really hard to stay between the lines when you are carrying 15 extra feet of cargo. Aiee.  It has not been fun for me.  I have to give props to my husband..... he is simply awesome and keeps our long car rides fun and entertaining :)


For tonight- we are in Fort Smith, Arkansas.  We enjoyed some fabulous BBQ while catching up with friends in  Little Rock this evening.  Being able to see friends along the way makes these long days totally worth it.

650 + miles covered today, let's see what we can accomplish tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment