Sunday, December 22, 2013

Almost there!

Tonight we are in Little Rock, Arkansas!

I wish I could say today's drive was more exciting, but it wasn't.  We did make a pit stop in Oklahoma (to get gas and pick up some DQ- yum!).  It was an interesting stop.  While we were waiting in line for John to get his gas receipt one of the cashiers yells out "Next victim,, please!" I did a double take because surely someone wouldn't yell that out.  Sure enough, a couple of minutes later she yells it again.  I had to chuckle- it was different and it definitely got your attention and I will never forget that stop.

Thankfully (at least for me) we haven't seen too many cop cars during this trip.   We did pass one today and for once in my life, my lead foot was in check.   I would hate to disappoint my family and get another ticket!  I need to give them some time to catch up and take this lovely title I hold in the family for having the most tickets :P

Tonight we went out to dinner with some friends who were a part of the 517th squadron.  It was great to sit back, relax, and catch up!

I'm pretty sure road trips are meant to be a test.  A test of driving capabilities, a test of patience, and a test of your bladder.  I'm so glad this test is almost over! Tomorrow we are on the home stretch.  We head to Florida to drop off the cat with my parents and then off to Alabama to spend Christmas with John's family, then back to Florida for New Year's. Around mid January we'll begin the trek to Delaware!  We are both excited about the opportunity to see all of our friends and family!


Mom, I apologize in advance for 
whatever furniture Hannah decides is
appropriate to climb on.  I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment