Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Land of Potatoes

We have made it to the land of potatoes- Idaho!  

It has been an incredibly busy and exhausting day. We picked up John's jeep this morning, rushed back to base to load the pets and cargo and then headed to the airport.  It wouldn't be a road trip if I didn't make a wrong turn or miss an exit though! :) Today, I managed to accomplish both!  I gave John the wrong address for the port first thing this morning (which I will blame on lack of coffee) and then I missed the exit to the airport.  On the way to the airoprt, I was following John, and unlike him in his hot minivan, I was unable to cut across three lanes of traffic to catch the exit.  Oh yes, for the past two days we have had minivans as rentals.  I'm pretty sure if we ever have kids, I might be able to sweet talk him into one.  He liked the automatic doors and all the storage in them. ;)

We managed to head out of Seattle by noon.  It was a long drive.  Like our drives to Kenai, I am not the best travel buddy.  I did my best to stay awake, but I kept dozing off.  Around 2 o'clock I had managed to miss a call from some 800 number.  Upon calling it back, it was an American Express number.  I tend to be skeptical of random numbers that start asking for personal infomration, so I waited for an email from the company.  My stomach dropped.  Some bimbo had tried to spend $197,573 for Qatar Airways. Seriously... what the heck?  Did the person think I am made of money??? Even if I had no living expenses or bills, that would take me years to pay off.  Although if AmEx ever did decide to up my credit line... I wouldn't complain ;)  So now I have a new card on the way. I'm glad it was caught, but its a pain in the butt having to wait on a new card.  Apparently I did a little Christmas shopping too (only $88 worth, so compared to the $197K, I can't complain)


The view has been awesome (when I haven't been asleep!)  We made it out of Washington during daylight hours, but unfortunately, had to drive through Oregon and Idaho in the dark :(










Around 4:30 we took a break, fed the pets and let them roam for a bit.  The cat pretty much freaked out when I set her outside on the leash.  She did everything she could to get back in the jeep.  After that it was my turn to drive.  John quickly feel asleep and of course, that's when we hit the winding roads.  I passed a sign for Dead Man's Pass and go figure the roads got super icy, so I was on my best driving behavior!

The pets have been on their best behavior.  Hannah insists on looking out every single window... including the back (which as you can see is hard to get to)







Now we are in Mountain Home, Idaho. Tomorrow we kick off a long drive to Denver, Colorado so we can see the lovely Jenn Shaw!  We are super excited! :)

For now though... it's time to catch some sleep.  I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment